Painting with Microbes

For my Painting with Microbes assignment, I made 3 different pictures. I painted a cherry on the MAC plate but the end result was very dark and could hardly be seen. I also painted a flower onto an EMB plate, but that one did not grow very well and there was contamination present. My favorite painting was this one of a bumble bee that I did on the TSA plate. I used three different types of bacteria to produce a darker color (the stripes and head), a lighter color (wings), and the yellow body. It pretty much turned out how I expected, except I hoped that the stripes would turn out a darker because there was nothing that would produce a black color.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *