Painting with Microbes

 For each plate I inoculated, I decided to replicate the same design in order to determine the impact the change in media would have on the various bacteria. I performed my microbe paintings on all three agar plates that were  provided. I sought to construct an abstract design with my painting, which ended up closely resembling the shape of a flower. I used the same bacterial strains on each plate so that I could compare the result on each media. The downfall of my paintings are that I observed some of the bacterial colonies consolidating together, leading to some blending  in coloration due to possible culture mixing during the inoculation process.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.